Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this. Here's the deal. My shift light will start flickering on / off right after i start the car and then will stay on continious. When this hapens my volt gauge drops to 12v. and acts like something is drawing on the sytem. I can restart the car a couple of times and the light will go off and the volt gauge shows 14v. The light is plugged into my 6al box. I'm thinking the msd box might be going out. Has anybody else seen anything like this?? Sometimes when I start the car everything is normal. Any ideas out there????

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
What kind of light is it? I have that same problem but I have my light on a on/off switch so I just turn it off and back on and the light goes off but it still flashes on before it is set to go off.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
you might have your positive and negative signals from the coil flipped

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after some more searching, I found a that my MSD 6AL box has a buzzing sound coming from it, which I never heard before, and the case is getting real hot to the touch. I'm guessing this is not normal. I can see it maybe getting a little warm, but not so hot that you can not keep your hand on it. I have had the 6al for 10 years with no trouble at all. I've unplugged the shift light and it still buzzes and gets hot. Has anybody else's msd box ever acted like this one? Are they worth getting repaired?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts