Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Vortech S-trim kit on my '93 5.0 a couple of years ago, and everything went pretty smoothly. The car hasn't been driven a whole lot in the last couple of years. I recently noticed a bunch of black dust on all the pulleys which is from the belt slipping. If the car is idling, and I crank the A/C, the belt squeals for about 30 secs. The smog pump, and alternator seems aligned as for as I can tell. They must be misaligned in order for the belt to slip that badly (with belt tensioner in proper range). Where do I even begin to fix this? I am assuming I will need to shim the bracket holding the smog pump, and alternator. Thanks or any help!

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
U prob know the supercharger has nothing to do w/the slipping since it's driven by it's own belt. I'd get a NEW accessory belt & see if that helps...Your tensioner could also be frozen in place not allowing it to tension.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Make sure your tensioner is aligned correctly. Sometimes you need to shim the Vortech bracket that holds the factory tensioner. Either by adding washers to the bracket hole that goes over the water pump stud, or washers between the Vortech tensioner bracket and the main vortech bracket (2 bolts)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts