Ford Mustang Forums banner

Seems Dead In Here

4K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  91ntchdream 
#1 ·
Been a away for a while, and wow.. there sure doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people posting these days..

#2 ·
I hear you. I think most are just putting away the toys for the winter. I know I am since I can't do much with these cold spells, plus the track in closed.

Looking at your signature it seems to me that you know a thing or two about traction with a small tire and probably stock style suspension. Can you enlighten me on anti-squat and what is the preferred way of doing things with drag radials or slicks? I'm thinking about buying the baseline suspension upper control arms relocation kit but can't get my hand wrapped around on the benefits if my current I/C is at 106% based on the calculator provided by baseline.

#4 ·
I hear you. I think most are just putting away the toys for the winter. I know I am since I can't do much with these cold spells, plus the track in closed.

Looking at your signature it seems to me that you know a thing or two about traction with a small tire and probably stock style suspension. Can you enlighten me on anti-squat and what is the preferred way of doing things with drag radials or slicks? I'm thinking about buying the baseline suspension upper control arms relocation kit but can't get my hand wrapped around on the benefits if my current I/C is at 106% based on the calculator provided by baseline.
I'm far more of a drag radial guy than slick guy. Anti-squat at a basic level is how hard the suspension geometry is going to drive the rear end into the ground. I've always taken it as 100% is kind of "neutral" if you will.. The higher the percentage the more more to separation there's going to be upon launch, and heading south of 100 is going to cause the car to "squat".

I/C height and length as well as A/S need to be considered to maximize the effort. but it all depends on what you'r looking to do.. the type of car you're dealing with. Also, buying the absolute best double adjustable shocks/struts as you can reasonably afford will only help as well. It's a package thing..

Reactions: Saleen414
#3 ·
Yes. Seems the forums have died, with facebook and other social media. It’s a shame. I miss the days before all that. People should come here and post more. I’m going to start a new build thread on my 88 twin turbo 427 6 speed street car soon.

Reactions: 91ntchdream
#5 ·
Yeah.. there's facebook.. it's not something that I am into all that much.

That's a whole lot of turbo for a street car.. what are you planning on doing with it?

#18 ·
yup and seems that the website refresh didn't help

plus they took away the iTrader rating

#23 ·
Yeah, the forums being dead makes me sad - top that off with the Photobucket fiasco and all my old builds and how to's I put countless hours into on multiple forums are all dead, I seriously had builds going back to 1999 but refuse to pay for Photobucket for what they gave me for free. Oh well, I do far less now anyway and will be starting up a youtube channel shortly - have a lot of content but haven't started figuring out the editing part yet. I'm on here all the time for research and rarely post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.