Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok posting this thread bc I need some thoughts on this spring. It's for my wastegate. I bought this kit used and guy said it was a 6psi spring but according to my measurements and the color/colors of this spring it's should be 10-11 psi depending on the size of the wastegate. What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is that spring from an On3 WG? I ask because it looks just like my spring. Mine measures 2.25" x 4.25".

I only had 1 spirng in my WG box and Chad said the kit I bought only come with a 6psi spring. He siad if I had an extra it's the same as the one already in the WG and shouldn't have been there.

I never opened my WG up but when I tested it before installation it started opening at 7-8psi and was fully open by 10psi. My 1st pull on the dyno to see what WG would do made 8psi on the nose.

You could always install it and then test the WG to see what psi the valve starts to open.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
ditto^.. same here. one in the wg was the same one in the box. it put out ~10psi on my set up. I will be using a grimspeed boost controller to up the boost.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had one in the WG and one in the box too. My car isn't running right yet so I haven't made any pulls to see how much boost the spring in the WG will make. The one that was in the box has more coils and is definitely stiffer than the one that is in the WG. I was told I would make 5-6 psi when I bought the kit and that my kit would only come with a single spring.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts