Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies got an 02 v6 5speed. He recently bought a tuner for it, and got a "custom" tune for his car. His mods are small, a cai, catback, and 3.73's. Well he put the tune on and said it felt slower. I didn't believe him. But he dyno'd his car and with the sct tune it made 154, with a different sct tune it made 156, and with a completely stock tune he made 161! Isn't this 300 dollar tuner saposed to give him more power? What is he doing wrong? He got his tune through his email from sct, put it on the tuner, then put it on the car. So what's he doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
My buddies got an 02 v6 5speed. He recently bought a tuner for it, and got a "custom" tune for his car. His mods are small, a cai, catback, and 3.73's. Well he put the tune on and said it felt slower. I didn't believe him. But he dyno'd his car and with the sct tune it made 154, with a different sct tune it made 156, and with a completely stock tune he made 161! Isn't this 300 dollar tuner saposed to give him more power? What is he doing wrong? He got his tune through his email from sct, put it on the tuner, then put it on the car. So what's he doing wrong?
Is he running 93 fuel in it ? stock MAF on the car ? how many miles on the car ? if its high miles has he done a tune up on it ?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is he running 93 fuel in it ? stock MAF on the car ? how many miles on the car ? if its high miles has he done a tune up on it ?
I just pm'd you back ;)
but the cars got I think 80k on it. we did a fresh tune up like 2k miles ago. the tune up consisted of new fuel filter, ran some bg fuel inj clean thru it, new plugs/wires, and changed all the fluids along with recleaning/oiling the filter then ran it a while and cleaned the maf. its a stock maf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts