Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
st91ang said:
Can the SCT Pro Racer package save tunes to .bin files format?
Justin
Nope, in this case everyone looses with software piracy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
st91ang said:
Software piracy? I don't think I follow.
What would you need bin files for?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I can datalog with my tweecer, make changes with the SCT and then input them into the tweecer. Then I datalog again. Repeat until tune is perfect. Just figured the SCT stuff was easier to understand.
Justin

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
st91ang said:
So I can datalog with my tweecer, make changes with the SCT and then input them into the tweecer. Then I datalog again. Repeat until tune is perfect. Just figured the SCT stuff was easier to understand.
Justin
While your intentions are somewhat benign, others would be burning SCT programs onto non-sct chips if they could export BINs, and that would be a problem.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see why that would be a problem either since you are paying for use of the software. Now, if started distributing the SCT software for free or for a profit of their own, I could see a problem with that.
Justin

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
If SCT did that, then many people would buy a CarDaq and just flash processors and SCT would lose a ton of revenue.

It doesn't make too much sense to use the TwEECer to me to do that, because if you buy the Racer Pro package, you'd get either a chip and burner or an XCal 2 - so you could sell the TwEECer...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts