Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm not jumping the gun starting a thread here, dosn't seem like anyone else is...

I'm getting a custom chip burned on my '87 SD stang using the SCT system. The tuner and I were making progress getting the car running last night but one thing that he couldn't explain was that the fuel pump would stay running after I shut off the car. If we pulled the chip out and turned the key on the fuel pump would run 2-3 seconds and shut off(like it should). The chip is reading failure(red LED is on) but it allowed many changes to the EEC and the car runs a lot better. Any of you tuners come across this problem before?
Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
it does sound like a possible chip problem have the tuner or you can even call sct, I am confident they will stand behind it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's somewhat of an update...

The fuel pump problem is gone. The light is off. The tuner concluded that he had a corrupt file. He started over with a new file, copied the settings and burned the new program onto the "old" chip(that showed failure). The fuel pump operated correctly and the "failure" light went off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts