Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is me.... I found out on Friday. :)

An award like this coming from my peers is very humbling and I'm more than little flattered.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Congrates Sam

Happy to hear it!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Does that mean you can put all of your tech advise in bold text with caps lock on?;)

Congrats.

Do you ever make it any Susq SCCA events?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Holy cow, congrats man!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations Sam.

I assume you will give all Corral members free autographs so we can sell them on ebay. :rofl:

Seriously, you should be proud.

Greg

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does that mean you can put all of your tech advise in bold text with caps lock on?;)

Congrats.

Do you ever make it any Susq SCCA events?
Not usually, but maybe this year. I spend most of my time either running somewhere Nationally, in/around the DC area or here in Central PA (though we may not have the good site anymore, which means I might head to Harrisburg more).

I used to run Susq. all the time, and in fact was a Susquehanna member when I won my first Nationals back in '02.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations Sam.

I assume you will give all Corral members free autographs so we can sell them on ebay. :rofl:

Seriously, you should be proud.

Greg
Thanks, but we all know that'd be a money loser. :)

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
Congrats - great driving.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wait a second... Your in PA, come try a hillclimb and put all that skill to the test! :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why don't you come to an autox and put your skill to the test. :)

I'm not really willing to ball up either of my cars, and I know a few who have hillclimbing. I do some track events, and have been in tire walls there--which is a whole lot better than hitting a stone wall in my book. ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sam, I already gave you props for your well deserved recognition, but what the hell...I'll do it again...Good job, you da man! :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why don't you come to an autox and put your skill to the test. :)

I'm not really willing to ball up either of my cars, and I know a few who have hillclimbing. I do some track events, and have been in tire walls there--which is a whole lot better than hitting a stone wall in my book. ;)
I see the challenge in Auto X, but I don't see A challenge.

Make sense? (to me it does, I hope it makes sense to you)

I've tried Auto X once or twice... really didn't find any enjoyment in it to be honest. Felt more like driving around a parking lot, filled with cones :snore:

The hills however, oh boy! :eek:

* by all means I'm not saying it's not a skill, you've by all means gotten very good at it. I just don't find it enjoyable.

·
Registered
488 Posts
In a perfect world, I like road racing more than autocross (note: not lapping days or open track)...preferably in o.p.c.'s (other peoples' cars) lol, as the costs can get high really quickly...but, for real competition with minimal hassle and expense, it is hard to beat autocross. To be perfectly honest, most people I've known who just didn't like autocross weren't very good at it...and reverted to less competitive auto events, like HPDE, where they could drive at 80-90% and have fun. Its all about what floats your boat, I'd say :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Is me.... I found out on Friday. :)

An award like this coming from my peers is very humbling and I'm more than little flattered.
I don't' know if I would get too excited about this award. I mean, look at it this way, what are you going to do for an encore this year?!?:D Kudos.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Congrats Sam! I saw some footage of your and your Shelby GT on a YouTube video compilation of some DC area autocrossing.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
579 Posts
To be perfectly honest, most people I've known who just didn't like autocross weren't very good at it...
This has been my experience too.

But that doesn't apply to anyone who hillclimbs. Performing with such a small margin of error is amazing to me....ditto with Performance/Pro Rally drivers. THose guys/gals get the "bad mofo" wallet....:)

DaveW

1 - 20 of 34 Posts