Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully going to participate in my first auto-x this weekend. Running this configuration, will I be in the Street Prepared Category?

1992 GT 5.0 All Stock
Stock Air Box
BBK shorties, off-road H, mac cat-back
245/45 R17
Subframe connectors
Stock suspension

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hopefully going to participate in my first auto-x this weekend. Running this configuration, will I be in the Street Prepared Category?

1992 GT 5.0 All Stock
Stock Air Box
245/45 R17
Subframe connectors
Stock suspension
That sure looks like it's ESP legal to me.

There are some restrictions to SFCs but a "normal" connector that is attached to the front and rear subframe, and to the seat bolts, is legal. If you have additional cross bracing or through the floor connectors, that's another story.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sure looks like it's ESP legal to me.

There are some restrictions to SFCs but a "normal" connector that is attached to the front and rear subframe, and to the seat bolts, is legal. If you have additional cross bracing or through the floor connectors, that's another story.
Nope, just standard subframes.

I'm gonna be embarrassed in ESP but everyone's gotta start somewhere :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts

1992 GT 5.0 All Stock
Stock Air Box
245/45 R17
Subframe connectors
Stock suspension
Yep, sounds ESP legal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Street Tire PAX must be a local thing. In our region, ESP is ESP no matter what tires you run.

I'm in ESP in a different car, but still sorely under-preped for the class. I do fine until a real ESP driver shows up, then I'm demolished. It's always fun though, no matter the outcome.

If this is your first event, the biggest thing to do is recognize that autox looks easy but it really takes a lot of skill and practice to go fast. Spend a lot of time walking the course and if there are instructors available, use them as much as you can.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I don't see PAX available as an option on the signup.

I've been reading some newbie articles and they all recommended the exact same thing.

Street Tire PAX must be a local thing. In our region, ESP is ESP no matter what tires you run.

I'm in ESP in a different car, but still sorely under-preped for the class. I do fine until a real ESP driver shows up, then I'm demolished. It's always fun though, no matter the outcome.

If this is your first event, the biggest thing to do is recognize that autox looks easy but it really takes a lot of skill and practice to go fast. Spend a lot of time walking the course and if there are instructors available, use them as much as you can.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds like ESP. But.....if you still have that 5 lug/rear disc setup that shows in your sig, technically that would throw you out of ESP. But most local regions will let it slide, as in most cases, it's not a big performance improvement for autoxing. Also see if they have a Novice Class, which will PAX (index) you against other novice classes. Some groups have a novice drivers meeting and a novice course walk. Both are very helpful for the first timer.

Drive fast, have fun...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts