1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
It says the video is not available.....

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
More time spent aggressive driving, less time video editing. ;) Looks like you're lookin' for a place to park at Wal-Mart. :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Works for me on Firefox and Chrome.

Nice car. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
That looks like a really fast course. I only saw one slalom, everything else looked like gradual sweepers.

That's a course I'd be floored out and holding most of the time. I couldn't hear the RPM's over the music, but it sounded kinda like you were feathering gas.

I don't know how long you've been autocrossing, but that was my problem when I first started. My instructor (2nd place in CSPL Nationals this year) really ground into me that in autocross, either you are full throttle or full brakes. Once I started thinking like that, my times improved dramatically. But I'm not perfect, nor an expert. I can still improve.

Our local courses are tight with many slaloms and chicago boxes. So it's on the gas 5 seconds, then slam the brakes (but not too hard, or you'll flat spot your tires), back on the gas, slam the brakes......

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
That looks like a really fast course. I only saw one slalom, everything else looked like gradual sweepers.

That's a course I'd be floored out and holding most of the time. I couldn't hear the RPM's over the music, but it sounded kinda like you were feathering gas.

I don't know how long you've been autocrossing, but that was my problem when I first started. My instructor (2nd place in CSPL Nationals this year) really ground into me that in autocross, either you are full throttle or full brakes. Once I started thinking like that, my times improved dramatically. But I'm not perfect, nor an expert. I can still improve.

Our local courses are tight with many slaloms and chicago boxes. So it's on the gas 5 seconds, then slam the brakes (but not too hard, or you'll flat spot your tires), back on the gas, slam the brakes......
I miss the old location my region used to use. It was an old Navy airfield consisting of two crossing runways. With the taxi ways it made a nice figure eight. We had an S2000 driver who designed courses so the faster cars could definitely get above highway speeds.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Nice looking car ;)

If you ever drive it in the rain you'll want to swap tires from side to side so they're pointing in the right direction.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks guys yeah still learning alot at autocross have been drag racing all my life and wanted something new and fun which autocross has done for me, still have a long way to go as this is only my 4th event.

but with more and more seat time i will get this down. i decide to try this first (autocrossing) as in last year we did the the triple threat throwdown and a friend of mine did the roadcourse in my coupe. placed 2nd with the other cars in the road course, that really impressed me so i know its all about the drivers in the autocross/roadcourse.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_1009_ford_mustang_triple_threat_throwdown_competition/index.html

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It may help to take a ride with a fast driver preferably in your car. I have has a few guys who really picked up after riding with me in their car. They did not have an understanding of just how violent that they could get until they saw it. I remember your car from the 3-threat, I would love to do that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice looking car ;)

If you ever drive it in the rain you'll want to swap tires from side to side so they're pointing in the right direction.
Yeah, they look to be Kumho Ecsta MX XRP. They are backwards.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
edit: Looks like I got my tire models confused

·
Registered
351 Posts
they are the kumho xs tires which are mounted correct the labels that say facing outward.

but thanks for the look out
Yes, then you are correct.

The Kumho XS is a multi directional tire. no matter what, he's gonna have the tread "pointing backwards" on one side. There's usually more chords on the outer sidewall.

I was thinknig that they were these, which the "arrow" in the tread points to the front of the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This, this is my motivation. Very nice car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts