Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What scavenge pumps are made for turbo systems? I want something that is made to deal with the high oil temps b/c I don’t want to run a cooler. I also want something that can run continuously w/o burning up the electric motor (street car).

Give me some feedback on what your experiences have been: Good and Bad.

KS

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
we use to run one i will have to see who made it thought.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx.
I don't think a scavenge pump is my issue but I'm researching things now in case I need one.

ks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I use a turbowerx exapump on my daily driver truck with rear mount. Absolutely zero issues. I power it using a relay with the fuel pump signal as the keying voltage.
Only issue I had was high current draw on startup in the dead of winter blowing the fuse. That's a bad thing. I moved from a 10amp fuse to max rating of 20 and no more issues.

Also, I wired my boost gauge to the power to the pump so I know instantly if I loose power to the pump.

·
Formerly known as 20thAniv
1,275 Posts
I use a Turbowerx pump on my car as well. They make nice pieces Kevin.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Wayne. So far I don't think I really need one but just in case I have issues I want to be prepared.

ks

·
1,275 Posts
I hear ya. If you need one though, those are the ones to get.

When do the new cams come in? :)

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya. If you need one though, those are the ones to get.

When do the new cams come in? :)
I think they'll be here in about 2-3 more weeks. The hot side piping will be here next week from ceramic coating then another two weeks for the cold side from chrome plating. I'm wiring up the new Megasquirt this weekend and I just finished up wiring the coils. So far so good but it'll go perfect until I connect power. Then I'm sure I'll fine where the smoke has been hiding out as it's released from the car.:crying:

ks

Reactions: DreadFox

·
1,275 Posts
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing it all together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts