Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured i'd document these since they both seem kinda new to the scene. Maybe it'll help someone else out.

Hope to have them mounted up this week. The 315's measure tread shoulder to tread shoulder right at 12"

The 9" fronts come exactly flush to the front fenders(using GMS K-member)

THESE ARE CAMERA PHONE PIX, I'M TOO BROKE TO AFFORD A CAMERA AFTER ALL THIS

SC Style 17x9 fronts and 17x10 rears with 275/40 and 315/35 Nitto NT05 tires

Pretty large void area and thick strip in the middle of the 315's

The below is with the spindle pulled TOWARD you(decreasing neg. camber). I can get way enough out of the plates to run like this

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keep us updated on how you like those NT05's.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meant to add that the 17x10's DO NOT FIT the fronts WITH COBRA BRAKES. However, the rubbing is so slight on the bulk part of the caliper that it could easily be ground down to work with no issues.

I was going to run 10's on all four corners, but with the K-member kit pushing the wheels out further, the 10's just stick out way too far.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't hide money ;)

So you could fit the 10" on the front but it stuck out too much? That sounds familiar for some reason...

They look good, you just need to paint them black :D

Those big ass grooves in the rear tires, isn't that kind of wasted space that could be rubber contact (traction)?

Strano said:
your car will never handle good with 315's in the rear and 275's in the front. Push it off a cliff.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't hide money ;)
They're the cheapest replica wheels on the market today....cheaper than the rare COBRA R's. ;)

So you could fit the 10" on the front but it stuck out too much? That sounds familiar for some reason...
I would imagine if I still had the OE K-member/arms that it would sit about where the 9's sit now.

They look good, you just need to paint them black :D
I don't want people to call me gay.

Those big ass grooves in the rear tires, isn't that kind of wasted space that could be rubber contact (traction)?
No clue, i'm no tire engineer. I imagine it's for water evacuation. Thats a pretty massive hydroplane-prone steam roller of a tire.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That looks great. Are you running stock Cobra brakes or a different big brake kit? I ask because I love these wheels but am not sure they would clear my Brembos. I've searched but it doesn't seem anyone has tried yet.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're just stock MACH1/Cobra brakes and calipers.

The 9's up front have about a pinky finger width clearance at the closest spot. I don't think you'd have an issue. Even if you did, a couple mm's of grinding in a non-noticeable area would take care of it.

I was honestly surprised the 10's fit as well as they did on the front. I may still end up trying a seperate set of 10's up front for track events. No time soon, i'm broke as a joke and about to choke.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They're the cheapest replica wheels on the market today....cheaper than the rare COBRA R's. ;)

I would imagine if I still had the OE K-member/arms that it would sit about where the 9's sit now.

I don't want people to call me gay.

No clue, i'm no tire engineer. I imagine it's for water evacuation. Thats a pretty massive hydroplane-prone steam roller of a tire.
Blah blah blah. I guess you've lost your sense of humor :bs:

You missed the last part of my post too, that was the best part :rofl:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Borrowed a half ass decent camera...

Somebody had asked to see the NEW version of the Corbeau Forza seats I got....can't remember who but they're a regular in this section.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wow, looks so good. I eventually want a set of 17x9's all around for my car

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't think they would look good on a new-edge but I was wrong, they look great! :salute:
Thats what I was afraid of.....kinda like "Pony wheels" on 94> cars.

I think they look like a Fikse MN5 or whatever they call one of their 5-spoke designs. Only about 300$ less per wheel. ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a bolt in AutoPower 4 point.

I mean it's really just PVC pipe rattle canned black and filled with helium to help with the weight. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those wheels look great. They're made by wheelreplicas correct? How did the 10" look when you test fitted them up front? I want 17x10 all around but I think the giant lip would look kind of silly on the front wheels.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those wheels look great. They're made by wheelreplicas correct? How did the 10" look when you test fitted them up front? I want 17x10 all around but I think the giant lip would look kind of silly on the front wheels.
I got them from American Muscle so whoever they get theirs from.

As for 10" front fitment....

I was going to run 10's on all four corners, but with the K-member kit pushing the wheels out further, the 10's just stick out way too far.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts