Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m using 2 EDIS8 modules cause wiring them in serie will lower the output and it’s for a blown application.

Here’s the issue : No SAW input is connected at the moment so EDIS are working in « Limp mode » and timing should be rock solid 10 degrees. When engine is idling (higher than 850 RPM), timing is moving from 10 to 16 to 14 to 12 to 10 to 16 etc… I’ve checked Coil A from both EDIS modules and the issue is the same. To rule out VR sensor and noise, I’ve moved the VR and trigger wheel on a bench drill and taping timing marks on it. While key in run position, when bench drill is turning, timing is 10 degrees rock solid !!!

Any idea what should I look at?

Thanks for reading.

Martin

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To rule out several things, I've ordered OEM Coilpack and connected them as Ford designed, 1 EDIS, 1 VR sensor and 2 coilpacks. It works perfectly.

I now tried 2 EDIS modules connected into both Coilpacks and still working fine. The issue is only when using 4,6 Mustang COP as I understand. Any ideas what I should do/look at?

Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did one last try today with 1 EDIS and COPs wired in serie as described here: Technical Articles - DIYAutoTune.com ... mod-motor/

Having the same issue, timing is jumping and car is not running well.

Here's a summary of all tests done.

2 EDIS (8 outputs) with 1 output to each COP = Engine runs but timing jumping and not running well
1 EDIS (4 outputs) wired in parallel = having spark but engine wont start
1 EDIS (4 outputs) wired in serie = Engine runs but timing jumping and not running well

1 EDIS (4 outputs) with 2xCoilpacks = Engine runs perfectly
2 EDIS (used 2 output from each one) with 2xCoilpacks = Engine runs perfectly

I have no ideas was is the cause of this?

·
Registered
24,109 Posts
what are you trying to achieve, COP??

run 1 edis, waste spark, with appropriate coil pack

that is how the EDIS is designed

trying parallel and series with paks, dont work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts