Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether there is anything special with the Saleen S-351 exhaust, other than it exiting from the center of the bumper? The reason I ask is because I can't find it anywhere other than Saleen's website and they want $600 for it. Is it anything I can't have a decent exaust shop do for half the price?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Well I remember reading Saleen came out with a revamped muffler design this year that had a pretty throaty sound with next to nothing as far as interior noise was concerned. Give them a call?

·
Registered
56 Posts
the 99 s351 came with an after cat system made buy chicane motorsports. i think they sell if for $350. i'm not positive, but they do have their own website.

·
Registered
214 Posts
A couple things...

All the S351 cars came with Borla exhaust that exited the same as the S281 cars except 2.

The Saleen kit wrapped around the car the same as the kit from Chicane does.

The current S281-E has the center exhaust.

You need the rear piece (bumper cover) and the exhaust kit, then you need to paint it ;) Don't forget about the screens for the openings.

Chicane's kit is a replica of what Saleen was making, and Joe did get many of the bumper covers from Saleen.

Here is his info:
[email protected]
310-782-0063

Center exhaust:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I'm in the market for a GT right now and I really like the Saleen rear end with the center exhaust. I was just browsing around the net and saw how much Saleen wanted for their exhaust. I couldn't see how it costs so much and knew there had to be a cheaper way to get it. Anyways, I'll try Chicane Motorsports' website. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts