Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this is the best place for this. I have an 84 SVO, suspension modifications listed below:

Front:
'96 LCA
'95 Spindle/hub/brakes
EBC Greenstuff
H&R Race Springs
Energy Suspension poly isolators
Steeda X2 Ball joints, not using the spring spacers
MM Caster Chamber Plates
Koni Yellow SA
MM Bumpsteer kit
Turbocoupe sway bar

Rear:
TurboCoupe 8.8 w/3.55
SVO axles and brakes
square aftermarket control arms with poly bushings
new rubber bushings in differential housing
H&R Race Springs
Energy Suspension poly isolators
Koni Yello SA
Turbocoupe sway bar

I just installed the springs last night and the rear is sitting about 1" lower than the front. I want to level the car out but I like the height in the front, not too low and my 235/45/17s fit nicely. I realize I have a plethora of different parts but I didn't expect such a height difference, especially since the rear of the car is factory weight and if anything I've added weight to the front in the engine compartment.

I know MM makes some height adjustable rear LCA but I don't want to drop ~$400 on them at this time. Has anyone experienced this before with H&R Race Springs? What's the most cost effective solution that won't compromise my setup?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Maybe stack another isolator on top of the ones in back? Back when I mixed spring sets I had something like this happen and just for a quick fix, I tossed in some extra isolators I had. It worked, but wouldn't call it a "fix".

·
Registered
956 Posts
Did you order springs for the weight of your car? I'd guess that the turbo04 weighs less than a V8(if you still have the stock engine).

I think V8 springs on a 4cyl car would jack up the front end like that.

Just a guess!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts