Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is 10.5:1 right now... easy solutions to dropping this compression is opening up the chambers and going from a .050 head gasket to an .080 head gasket.. which would take me down to about 10:1 with just the head gasket change... but this can create a problem right??

The gaskets i would use are ICS titan coppers... I have on my car now in .050 and they work great.

Or should i just get a meth kit and be done with it???

I want to run 10-15# on this car..

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
My engine is 10.5:1 right now... easy solutions to dropping this compression is opening up the chambers and going from a .050 head gasket to an .080 head gasket.. which would take me down to about 10:1 with just the head gasket change... but this can create a problem right??

The gaskets i would use are ICS titan coppers... I have on my car now in .050 and they work great.

Or should i just get a meth kit and be done with it???

I want to run 10-15# on this car..
problem with doing that is it creates less of a quench pad, i would just go with the proven meth injection and you will be fine

·
Registered
320 Posts
What size are your combustion chambers now? I'm in the same boat and Fox Lake are gonna open up my Edelbrock Jrs from a 65cc to a 75cc (the biggest they can make them) My compression will drop to around 9.4-1. They charge about $600 to do it and change all the seals. No need to worry about meth after that.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My heads are the 61 ccs I will have to give them a call. That sounds like the best solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts