Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is building a stock 302 short block with ported iron gt40 heads with SVO 1.72 rockers and a T-Moss ported tubular gt40 intake and an S-trim (10lbs). AFM B21 cam. 42lb injectors with a Pro-M MAF and 70mm TB. Shorty headers. Trans is a T5. Looking for estimates of RWHP with his set-up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not exactly sure when it'll be done as he's piecing it together but when it's done and tuned we'll post the numbers

·
Registered
578 Posts
Very similar setup to mine except the cam, I bet 415 with some timing thrown at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
My estimate is 400-425 RWHP corrected depending on which dyno is used. (SuperFlow or Mustang will likely be lower than a DynoJet).

Take a look at the mods and info in my sig link for comparison.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
SuperFlow or Mustang will likely be lower than a DynoJet

I was wondering which one was higher or lower. I have always heard the Mustang will be lower but, the guy that tuned mine on the dynojet said the opposite after we watched my cousins car dyno 40 horse lower on the dynojet than what it did on a Mustang dyno. Although, I'm not convinced he didn't have a sensor pulling timing being the year model it is.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My guess is 375-400 and my hunch is that it wont keep any timing in it. Been there done that. My IAT was pulling timing due to all that hot air that the blower was cramming in there. I think mine made 372 without meth(nothing ported though like yours)

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
On Q16 it could do 480-500. On pump gas, I'll say 428. Is he going to dyno it?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Is there something I missed or is it just because he didn't chime back in?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts