Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have had a stumble off idle for a while and car just felt sluggish so unplugged my 02 harness and man my car feels better while driving but it loads up idleing because the o2s cant control the fuel mixture at idle. i think i have a bad o2 or one is wired up wrong because i have 1 universal 02 because my harness was melted before ! any thoughts......

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Your fuel mileage will be horrible, but your W.O.T performance will be the same. Might have some small driveability issues also.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it actually drives better ! but yeah its rich, i'm going to check the 02 sensors !

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yea I have them unplugged on both my cars the mileage sucks anyway and the race gas eats em up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
usually when u unplug a sensor and things get better it means there bad and the computer has relearned to run with out proper function

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea I have them unplugged on both my cars the mileage sucks anyway and the race gas eats em up.
Do they get contaminated only when plugged in? I always thought that they would get fouled by race gas even when they weren't working.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Im sure the race gas continues to damage the sensor part but without them plugged in the computer sees an error and trys to compensate or whatever. Once they get messed up there done for atleast as far as I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts