Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished hci swap. Was very thorough with cam timing, pushrod, length, gaskets etc. Car starts, idles and revs fine but when running under load runs like a 4 cylinder. I've had timing at 36° locked out and no change. Codes given we're 51 22 and 67. Could bad bap cause this or the coolant temp sensor? Funny thing I noticed is even after running and reaching operating temperature my h pipe and headers are cool to the touch. They're warm but by no means hot which seems really odd. I'm kind of stomped on where to look here as the car idles beautiful. Slight hesitation when revving though. Brand new plugs and getting spark to all cylinders. Car ran great before winter tear down. I did however replace the ect sensor which doesn't seem like the plug quite fits on right. Should've kept the old but didn't. Only thing I can think of. I'm lost right now and just wanna drive!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Testing the coolant temp sensor to see if it's functioning properly would be a good start. Both BAP and ECT sensors send feedback to your ECM, incorrect information, and the computer will demand irratic fueling and timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts