Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a supercharged 4.6 2 valve. The fuel system is dual aeromotive 340, -8 fuel line,100 micron in line filter, wire upgrade, boost a pump, modified fpdm and 80 lb injectors. My fpdc was maxed out. I did the wire upgrade and it gave me a little room but not much under wot. The car gose lean at about 5400 rpms. Same as before the wire upgrade. Any thought would help.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
What kind of power are you generating? How much boost? Fuel line sizing for EFI is not correlated to fuel line sizing for carbureted engines. The pressurized line does not require any more than -6AN to flow the required fuel, whereas a carbureted system will require larger and larger diameter line as the fuel requirements increase. In fact, the EFI pump will have to work harder as the line diameter increases because the fuel volume it has to pressurize is increasing. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Q) The fuel system is dual aeromotive 340, -8 fuel line,100 micron in line filter, wire upgrade, boost a pump, modified fpdm and 80 lb injectors. Any thought would help.[/QUOTE]
A) Where are those Aeromotive fuel pumps mounted? External (outside the fuel tank) or internal (in the fuel tank)?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pumps are mounted in the tank. I have the sct hand held and tuning the stock ecu. I'm doing remote tuning with a speed shop.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
So your lambse is showing 11.0-12.0 and your are actually getting way higher than that?

Is it a linear afr curve showing you running out of fuel up top?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
What injector duty cycle are you seeing and how much power? Those pumps should outflow those injectors by a good bit, unless you're running crazy fuel pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts