Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 97 Mustang gt 4.6 SOHC I am running Pro M efi managment system on my car With Methanol injection .I Like the Pro M EFI System everything been great,but I Have few issues now 1 of them is I am getting the error Code P3fe2 witch is Methanol sensor reading Low.When I Get above 3750 RPM at hard acceleration I Get this code P3fe2 and the check engine comes up the car jerks at that time.I am able reset the check engine light the P3fe2 code but again comes up when I hit the acceleration above 3750 RPM It is the Methanol flow sensor reading Low flow I need some HELP Meaby someone had same problem.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
fastk did you ever get this figured out?

also, how did you know that the P3FE2 code means Methanol sensor reading Low?

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
fastk did you ever get this figured out?

also, how did you know that the P3FE2 code means Methanol sensor reading Low?
Hey Paul,
You can view what the codes mean under Calibration_Methanol Control
You'll see "Faults" under "Configuration", "Pump", "Sensors" and "Sensor 1 & 2".

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
it does thank you mp

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I send the tune to Chris at pro M racing and he fixed something in the tune.Now I have to upload to the car and see if the code will come back I hope not.I will keep everybody up to date so far I am still working on my car,but should finish soon.The code was Code P3fe2 Meth sensor reading low.I send that code to Chris and he told me the meaning but there is a place in the software were you can see the meaning of too.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
yes and been awesome although lately have randomly thrown the same code, so just started to analyze the data logs and seems like i may have a clogged nozzle or something going on with the flow

·
Registered
122 Posts
yes and been awesome although lately have randomly thrown the same code, so just started to analyze the data logs and seems like i may have a clogged nozzle or something going on with the flow
If it used to work and has recently stopped, in addition to checking for a clogged nozzle, confirm that the system is seeing any flow at all. The flow sensor itself might be locked up and not metering any flow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pkstang for how long did you run the methanol on your car using Pro m ems before you got the error Code P3fe2 ?Mine always came after 3800-4000 rpm I will download the new tune soon send me by Chris.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
least year if not more and again its very intermittent

gotta do some more data loggin to catch the exact point it happens at

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pkstang, I suggest you log Meth Desired Flow Rate and compare that with Meth Sensor Flow Rate (under Sensors in the Meth section). Also, under Pump, bring up Meth Pump PI Correction and Meth Pump DC. You may find that your actual flow is below the desired flow the majority of the time and corrections are always high. First make sure you don't have an obstruction anywhere. If not, you can try going into Meth Control > Pump > Meth Pump Open Loop DC and either lowering the flow values in relation to the the commanded duty cycles or increasing the commanded duty cycles that are supposed to achieve the listed flow values. I would do the former and try to match up the actual flow value you see when a particular DC is commanded. For example, let's say the table says .6 DC should give you 888 ml/min, but in you're logs you see that when .6 is commanded you're only getting 750 ml/min. That's gonna result in high corrections that may eventually trip a CEL. Change the flow in the table to 750 so the pump gets more DC right out of the gate hopefully resulting in less correction necessary to achieve the desired flow rate.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
will do... thanks john
pk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts