Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So say my setup is correct to run on gas, what would I need to change to to run straight alcohol?

currently I have 2 61 mm turbos, 75mm blow thru maf, 75mm Throttle body, Holley systemaxx, trick flow track heat heads, F cam, 8.5:1 comp, 42# injectors, 255lph pump in tank Kirben regulator, MSD ignition.... about to get a MSD boost timing module to control spark timing

The fuel rail and lines are stock, this car is street legal, but I dont care how streetable it will be

Also I will be taking the car to a tuner and having it tuned on the dyno.

Im a total newb to this, but have had 30 plus years of Motox experiance and mini sprint racing so im not a total dip#####....

opinions wanted

and im not looking for astronomical horsepower numbers, just trying to not have detonation issues

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it makes more power and runs cooler and its a consistant fuel you can buy in a drum

only drawback is it takes almost twice as much alcohol as gasoline

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
You also have to change you oil very frequently, ie after every race.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know all the above, I run alcohol on my Mini Sprint. But they are all ran on alcohol, so someones already done the testing and there is info on the specifics... which is what im looking for for this project

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm with the other guys about not needing to run alcohol on your setup. Your car should make around 500 whp on the sh*t 91 octane we have out here in Cali (not sure if TX has 93). What are your power goals for this car? A good tune and reasonable boost levels will keep you clear of detonation. The numbers in my sig are through bone stock E7s and on 91.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts