Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
ruining a steak for me means overcooking it, like medium well. at that point you need to put steak sauce on it to regain flavor. otherwise pico de gallo is great on steak.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
A1 is good stuff but not ketchup, unless it's over cooked.... Then anything will work.

ks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ruining a steak for me means overcooking it, like medium well. at that point you need to put steak sauce on it to regain flavor. otherwise pico de gallo is great on steak.
A1 is good stuff but not ketchup, unless it's over cooked.... Then anything will work.

ks
well it's proven then. I am alone. Maybe I shouldn't take that as offense to my cooking.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I wouldn't take offense to it. So many kids grew up with parents ruining steak, seafood and so many other foods that if they always had to use ketchup or other sauce to eat a 4th degree burn victim filet then it's hard habit to break, even when someone makes it perfectly.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use a gas grill with the infrared style grates. Heat is very evenly distributed it's a wonderful piece of machinery to cook on. If I have a problem it's undercooking. More than one person has told me to put thier steak back on. I tell them then u obviously don't like your steak medium rare. I am no expert cook, but I can grille and smoke better than I can drive/build a mustang!!!

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
If they're the type to put steak sauce or ketchup on a steak, I'm not serving up a good expensive cut. I'm not averse to using a sauce with a steak, but it's not going to be some vinegary-ass grocery store crap.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm with you on that cumbersome, when I cook a ribeye steak on the big green egg you don't need anything nor have I ever seen anybody that has consumed one at my house that wanted any a1 or any kind of sauce , just to be honest it would offend me if somebody ask for Any steak sauce ! If it's seasoned right no need for anything my opinion

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with you on that cumbersome, when I cook a ribeye steak on the big green egg you don't need anything nor have I ever seen anybody that has consumed one at my house that wanted any a1 or any kind of sauce , just to be honest it would offend me if somebody ask for Any steak sauce ! If it's seasoned right no need for anything my opinion
I am going to take the steak Accessories off my menu then. Just tell them if u want steak sauce just put it on a potato chip or something. Lol

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I've never done that. Might be worth a try. I'll try it on a cheap cut though
just remember fresh is the key. and dice the tomatoes, onions, japaleno peppers, and cilantro nearly fine, and done forget the lime juice. let it set in the fridge for about a half hour before putting it on your steak.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am in very good shape let's start by saying that. Well I could be better but. Good shape. It seems that if I like steaks like I like my women. Just a small amount of gristle around the ends. It seems to have better flavor. Most guys trim that I don't. Everyone thinks that's weird. But hey. It where the flavor is at. And I don't work out 4 times a week to not eat steak and drink beer.
Salt and pepper at the right amount is key to any fine steak rub. I don't do lemon on anything. Not even fried fish or tea... I'll eat it... But I won't prepar it that way.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good cut of meat + not overlooked = no condiments 👍🏻
I'll be the first to admit I use A1 when some else over cooks it. I would be offended I would just think of that person of having a disorder ha ha

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Salt and pepper at the right amount is key to any fine steak rub.
Has to be fresh ground sea salt and cracked pepper...none of that poverty pre-ground bull####.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Salt and pepper at the right amount is key to any fine steak rub.
Has to be fresh ground sea salt and cracked pepper...none of that poverty pre-ground bull####.
Agreed. We use sea salt on everything. I like that stuff better than your standard salt. That welfare pepper makes me sneeze real easy. I am poor too. Bad I make spaghetti with roman noodles and ravioli.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Who agrees that putting A1 or ketchup what have u on a high end steak? I just don't understand it.

Agreed 100%! Steak has a flavor if it's cooked properly. And it's really good. If one cooks steak IMproperly, then yes, sauces will cover up the nastiness to make it edible.

How to ruin steak: Let the girlfriend cook it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts