Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put my car back together tonight and I'm using a typhoon intake and Eddy rpms. The stock gasket partially blocks the injector holes and the 1262 or 1250 lower sets are 5 days out. I don't see why right stuff wouldn't seal it up as long as the ports line up. Just double checking with u guys.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Never heard of anyone doing it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Try it and then get back to us when/if it fails. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I'm sure it would, but the excess is going to squeeze out into the intake ports. Good luck trying to remove the lower intake from the block/heads too (when the time comes)...as it's going to stick like a bi%$#.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used a stock gasket with high tack sealant. I moved the gasket so it doesn't block the injector but it now is interfering with the lower portion of the intake ports. It will have to do until I get the others ordered in.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Before you go putting silicone around an intake port/injector area, read the back label carefully on your silicone and especially note where it says not to use it around gasoline or alcohol. It makes it swell and turn real funky. I chuckle everytime I pull a customer's car apart and see an upper to lower sealed with silicone and showing signs of the rear swelling from the silicone being exposed to fuel. Some silicones don't get affected, but you need to read first. I wouldn't use it on any intake tract part, only for sealing oil where it squeezing out inside won't affect the flow of air into the engine. jmho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts