Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a dilemma, my lower intake on my rpm2 was grinded down by my machine shop to perfectly match the ports on my hogged out afr 185's. Now I have some custom TFS heads from Ed (high ports I believe) and a cam that will rev to about 6-6200rpm on my 327, T56, T78 (turbonetics F1 wheel s-trim .96 and a 1.15 A/R~for when I want to mile it out) using a 3.55 rear end. It's a dart block of course my fuel system is up to snuff and I will be using an AEM to manage everything. That was just a little bit about the car. I will be using it as a daily on the nice days and drag strip a bit about 12 times a year and taking it to maybe 3 open track days a year starting out (no class specifications for either). This is just my fun toy that has been down for the past four years. If I get an rpm2 it would need ported a lot (can I even get a bottom?) and I will sell the heads and intake as a set as they are fresh and ready to go.

I have a cervini's 2.5" cowl hood. Is there an intake that would benefit me better and not kill my low end on the street. I mean it is a manual so maybe I could make that work for me? I have jessel shaft rockers so I highly doubt I will be needing to do much adjusting and using the EPM along with GM LQ9 coils will be easy enough to work around. I was leaning towards the Vic and truly wanted to stay away from the box. I am just trying to finish this and if this wouldn't have happened I would not be asking this question. Sorry that this might be kind of repetitive but in all honesty I can dig up contradicting stories. My combo was made for the rpm2 but Ed Curtis said either on would be fine and even recommended a box intake.

Thanks guys I am going to go visit my car today (it's in Pennsylvania) and grab some things I need to sell. I appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Im running a super Vic with Wilson elbow similar setup except mines 347 in boss block id say short runner intake with that setup if boost is over 12lbs. Im also interested in the heads if you sell them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts