Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks, when they dropped carburetors, I became lost.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Roush Stage 3 16v and the '03 Cobra 32v? I appreciate the help here. I have a '03 vert on order, but now I'm starting to lean towards the Roush Stage 3.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If the new cobra horsepower numbers hold true, it will stomp the stage 3 Roush. The Cobra 32V motors are a much better starting point then their 16V brotheren, and respond better to boost.

Other then true Horsepower numbers, it is truly a matter of personal preference and taste.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think your answer is in your question...the more valves the merrier in my opinion. If they are similar in price I'd go the 32V route.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tanawei said:
Sorry folks, when they dropped carburetors, I became lost.
So you've been lost since 86? ;) :p

Seriously though, get the 03 Cobra, but make it a coupe, not a vert. Those things are heavy enough as is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmm

I'd get the Roush if i had the cash flow for it. It comes with tons of aftermarket gear like exhaust, wheels, body kit, etc.... That and for some reason the '03 cobra front end just doesn't rub me the right way.... I do think it would spank the Roush though.... Not to sure on the handling front though...

·
Registered
51 Posts
03 cobra!

I'd go with the 03 cobra over the roush stage 3 in less than a second. I'm sure they'll be plenty of mods for the 03 cobras to make them even faster too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: Re: Roush 16v vs Cobra 32v

powermod said:

So you've been lost since 86? ;) :p

Isn't that sad? I tried to replace a head gasket on my truck until I got down to the fuel injectors. Okay, time to call a tow truck.....

I'll consider it a learning opportunity....

I'm not completely lost though. I'm restoring a '72 chevy truck and it has this beautiful carburetor sitting on top!

I appreciate the help! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
601 Posts
There is better flow with the 4V design. Grab the 03 and then if it is not fast enough for you add some aftermarket to it. The Roush is about maxed out IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts