Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car a few months ago 1992 notch. It was set up with an fmu and boost timing control. I didn't care for this set up and I was getting pinging under load when the engine warmed up. So I decided to make some changes and get a custom tune on the dyno. I don't know everything exactly about what I have because the guy I bought it from was an older guy that had it built so he didn't do the work or know specifics. This is what I know, 347 boss block crate engine with the aluminum z heads (not sure of the cam, I know that will affect power out come), edelbrock rpm2 intake, vortech v2 (was making between 8-9 lbs when I last drove it), upr boost pipe with sct ba3000 maf, ford 80lb injectors, he said there was a 340lph pump in the tank and it has an inline trex, stock lines and rails, all the accessories on the front, tko500 tranny, not sure of the headers they are long tube though with cat less h pipe and magnaflow mufflers. I know there are a lot of these threads but any rough guesses would be cool thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
My motor is similar to yours and I made 493hp at 5500rpm with a very conservative tune. That was obviously at the wheels.

I'd dump the trex fuel pump, the 340 should be plenty on it's own. I was originally running a 340 with a trex and it was running out of fuel the first time on the dyno. The tuner stated he had run into a lot of issues with the trex and suggested I remove it, which I did, and it never had fuel issues again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks I will take that into consideration, I know the trex is there obviously because you can see it. I'm just going by what he said about the 340 in the tank, I really didn't want to have to drop the tank to find out but I guess I may have to now. When he we telling me about all the parts on the car he was misnaming things and stuff like that so I can't be 100% confident in what he told me. He didn't do the work he had it all done for him

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought a car a few months ago 1992 notch. It was set up with an fmu and boost timing control. I didn't care for this set up and I was getting pinging under load when the engine warmed up. So I decided to make some changes and get a custom tune on the dyno. I don't know everything exactly about what I have because the guy I bought it from was an older guy that had it built so he didn't do the work or know specifics. This is what I know, 347 boss block crate engine with the aluminum z heads (not sure of the cam, I know that will affect power out come), edelbrock rpm2 intake, vortech v2 (was making between 8-9 lbs when I last drove it), upr boost pipe with sct ba3000 maf, ford 80lb injectors, he said there was a 340lph pump in the tank and it has an inline trex, stock lines and rails, all the accessories on the front, tko500 tranny, not sure of the headers they are long tube though with cat less h pipe and magnaflow mufflers. I know there are a lot of these threads but any rough guesses would be cool thanks
The current combo should easily make 480-510rwhp. Personally, I wouldn't push it until you put a complete fuel system in the car. You have the cubic inches, the block, the heads and a decent blower to make some serious power if you up the boost, but you need a complete fuel system to get there and most importantly to keep the motor safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts