Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

A little while ago I lost control of my stang (i know, hit me now for being an idiot driver) and sent it in reverse into a curb (mind you, across 4 lanes of traffic). We must have been going about 45 when we hit the curb, but it seems that the tire took most of the impact since the rim didn't' even crack ( god knows how). Anyway, I put the car in the dealership and they replaced the rear shocks (quad and otherwise) and the suspension bushings, and I believe something about "strut arms" according to the service manager, but he didn't know what he was talking about. The reason I put it in was because it was making a creaking noise when I started to move (fixed) and the wheel was making a squealing noise when it went around. I told them to do an axle runout on it to see if the axle was okay because someone said it was bent. The problem is this. I got the car back and it was fine...for an hour. After that, the squeaking came back. It does it more when I hit the brakes, but squeaks while you're driving as well. I have flowmasters on my car and can hear the noise over my flows, it's irritating, not normal, and probably not safe. If anyone has any information as to what it may be, please let me know. Sorry so long, I want to get this resolved.

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
That sounds like a pretty serious "whack", and there may be more damage than you know about. What was the result of the axle-runout... did they say it was OK? Do they really know how to check it? How about the bearings... could they be damaged? Is there anything that the brake rotor might be scraping?

If you are paying for the repairs out of your own pocket, I'd find a shop that is more experienced in this type of damage... a frame/body shop, or something like that. If it is insurance, call them and explain that the job isn't finished yet... hidden damage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Red00Stang,
I did the exact same thing you did a couple of months ago and I am experiencing the same problem as you are. I hit the passenger side rear tire on the curb after the rearend got loose on me making a turn too fast. I can hear the squek as I am driving and then when I press the brake pedal, it gets louder and squeks even more. Annoying as hell. Everything looks fine, but I am thinking that a bushing may be messed up or maybe the rear spring may have been jarred out of place from the rubber isolator. I don't know, just some thoughts. I hope that my rear end or my axel isn't messed up! Did they tell you the results of the runout test? If so, let me know what they tell you b/c our problem is probably the same. Thanks, Steven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts