Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, to get straight to the point I have a 1990 foxbody and I’m about to order the ford 351 boss block and the 427 stroker kit from dssracing. I’ve always wanted this car, especially with a badass supercharger, ideally one sitting on top. As of now it’s looking like it’s not happening but there’s got to be a way, someone’s done this before so I’m hoping to get some guidance or advice on where to start to make this happen. So far Kenne Bell and Whipple docnot make or have not made anything for push rods. Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
easy to do ....... call rbs...... 14/71 stripped blower with a hat and 16 alky injectors would make 2500 easy .....

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Get a Kenne Bell 3.6, call Hogans and they will make you an intake manifold to mount the S/C on top of it. My friend did this very thing, but it was on a 8.2" deck block bored and stroked to 377 cid.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Do you have any pictures of that setup.
Obviously not set up for a typical street car, but it shows what can be done if you want to.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Somewhere in the 1,100 range. Had a hard time getting the 235/50/15 radial to hook on the rollers. 30+ psi of instant boost.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Throttle Body on that bad boy.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Hey guys, to get straight to the point I have a 1990 foxbody and I’m about to order the ford 351 boss block and the 427 stroker kit from dssracing. I’ve always wanted this car, especially with a badass supercharger, ideally one sitting on top. As of now it’s looking like it’s not happening but there’s got to be a way, someone’s done this before so I’m hoping to get some guidance or advice on where to start to make this happen. So far Kenne Bell and Whipple docnot make or have not made anything for push rods. Thanks in advance guys
How much hp do you intend to make? Stock windsor block makes in excess of 800.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
I have asked him that question many many times. He likes the vert. All that being said, he recently removed the soft top and put a custom hard top on it because the aero from a soft top at over 138 mph in the 1/8 sucks. The car does have a 25.2 cage, so chassis wise it is OK.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Whipple will sell you the blower and snout combo to make it work, KB only sells kits. Get a centrifugal crank pulley and line up the blower pulley to that. I cut up a carb intake to fit a innercooler into it and that worked well. I would get a dual quad intake for the 351 W and build a adapter to mate the blower to the adapter. It will need to be tall enough to fit a water to air IC. You could get a carb fed blower and put a throttle body with injectors on top, or have the injector bungs welded to the carb intake. Or you could do something totally crazy and side mount the screw blower. Search my name for pictures.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have about the same thing on a 347. It's for sale. You can build like red said. I don't have an intercooler but you can have that built as well.

The easy way is buy an efi intake of your choice and build an adapter plate to house the supercharger on. Whipple has different length snouts. Whipple will also send you a moch up housing and snout for 500 bucks. This will be refunded when you send it back and buy a supercharger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
KB only sells kits. .
They will sell you just the S/C....but it takes the right approach. The right approach is a pita, but it can be done. My friend got just the 3.6 and the throttle body. I got just the 2.8 with no snout. If you have a street car, then forget about it. If you are building a one off race application and can show results, then they will work with you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Appreciate all the advice and help guys, I’m torn between that and going with a terminator swap now, well see what happens. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
That vert is awesome, but why build it so tall? You could easily drop that blower 1"; with a little work, 2". Forget an intercooler and run methanol. Then reposition the bypass valves (no need to go nuts with sizing - once the TB closes, the only purpose is to keep from heating up the remaining (relatively tiny) mass of air; and you could drop the cowl on that hood by an easy 3-4"

To the OP - a terminator swap is cool too. Certainly easier to get the look you want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts