Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a Ron Francis Cobra-75 engine harness in my '90 convertible. Just curious if anyone has done this and how they went about it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm guessing no one is too familiar with doing this. I will say I called their office for tech support and they seemed like good people. I'll try to do a little write up on this if I get it done correctly.

I have a new issue and they are closed now.. The kit has its own fuel pump relay and harness for an inertia switch. It gives you one wire to send to the fuel pump. I'm only getting 6.5V at that wire. i should see about the same voltage at that wire as my battery, correct?

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
how are you measuring?

what are the leads attached to?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe I figured it out. I used the gray 8 pin connector on the drivers side firewall for my keyed 12v connection and I think it was loose.

There's a pink wire on this harness that comes off of the fuel pump relay that is called out for connection to the positive side of the fuel pump. I haven't wired if to the pump yet so I had the positive lead on my multimeter to that pink wire and used various grounds. At first one of the studs for mounting the seat then I used the back intake manifold bolt.

So now my question is, do you only get about half of the battery's voltage if you are missing either the 12v constant or 12v key on at the feed end of the relay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts