Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 5.0 vert and I went to get an estimate from a guy who is one of the best in town at this. He builds lots of cages for cars much faster than mine's ever going to go so I do trust him to do a good job. I asked for a price on getting an 8 point roll bar put in, one that would be able to be added to to convert it in to a roll cage in the future if needed

It's a chromoly 8 point that will be tied into my subframe connectors and he said it would cost 1200 canadian . . . the US exchange is almost identical but what are some prices other have paid for their roll bars

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Depends on what your calling a 8pt cage.

its a little high if its just a 6pt with two braces coming off the main hoop. I recently priced one for my coupe, and the average price was $1000 for what I believe you are refering to as a 8pt, and that was for 'moly with swingout door bars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im talking the two door bars, two rear brace bars, the hoop and the two braces that brace like the inside of the hoop, and obviously theres the harness bar, so it's not too far off tho, I'm just trying to find a decent range for what to pay for a custom bar, what are some other prices you guys have paid / heard of if u dont mind me askin

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks sounds good, so do u guys think its possible his experience / high skill level could make it worth paying as much as 1200 for an "8 point)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
you (9 times out of 10) get what you pay for . . .

Check his other work. Do the welds look good? Does everything "tuck" in and make getting in the car easier?

If he is making his own bends with chromoly, and all of the interior is still in then $1,200 doesn't sound that bad really.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
seems fair. with mild steel expect to pay $400 shipped for a pre fabbed kit. Then removal if the interior, welding & making everything fit perfectly and reassembly of the interior. That's mild steel. I'd say $1,200 would be fair for chromoly, as you can't MIG it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would if i had a hard top but i dont wanna say i hate the look of a full cage in a vert but i do... I drive with the top down 95 % of the time and it's my daily driver that I'm slowly making fast as possible... I wanna kind of keep it sleeperish, and even tho a real roll bar will kinda kill the sleeper look it wont kill it as much as a cage would so im gonna hold off on the full cage for now. and yeah the 1200 is with me taking out the seats, carpet and then puttin the seats back in so he can bend the bars where they're suposed to be to make it IHRA legal

·
Registered
970 Posts
I paid about $980.00 for a CM 6 pt that was done by a local chassis guy (before the price of steel went up considerably...maybe $1,100.00 now).....well worth the money. I had the side bars bent to my liking and welds and plates were excellent.

don't skimp.....it's kinda permanent and you might as well bite the bullet as it will cost you a heck of a lot more to tear out a 1/2 ass one and put a good one in.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would say it is worth the money to have an experienced person do it for more money if you know you will get a nice end result. In my last car I had someone do it for me cheap and I got what I paid for.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What about the MM roll bars? thats were i was looking at to get mine from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts