Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a 6-point rollbar installed into my convertible in a few weeks. I have a 4-point now, but was kicked out of a track after running my best time ever, 12.02 @ 117.46 Dambit...

Anyway, has anyone ever seen a telescopic (or adjustable in some way) bar that connects the roll bar to the seat? I want the seat to connect to the roll bar, but it would be nice to have it adjustable in some way so that when I'm driving I can put my seat back and when I'm at the track I can move it up. Almost like a trailer hitch with a pin. Just curious.

If you've seen this or have any pics, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I have one like you describe. I don't have a pic here, but I can get one (I got John one a while ago)

It's basically a long threaded piece in the shape of a T with a bolt through the end, and a plate that bolts to your chair. You can move your seat back and forth, and just have to pop out 2 bolts and move the plate to the seat and put them back in.

It looks like it should work pretty good.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blk88GT said:
I have one like you describe. I don't have a pic here, but I can get one (I got John one a while ago)

It's basically a long threaded piece in the shape of a T with a bolt through the end, and a plate that bolts to your chair. You can move your seat back and forth, and just have to pop out 2 bolts and move the plate to the seat and put them back in.

It looks like it should work pretty good.
Perfect, that sounds great. I'll look into that when I drop it off.

If you would, send me a pic. I'm getting my domain back up tonight after a recent move, so you can send it to [email protected] It should be up by around 8:00pm or so tonight.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts