Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a rollbar and a lite bar?
I had a lite bar on my last car, photos in sig.
I just got a custom 4pt roll bar installed in my present car. It looks and works great. I'll post photos and details later.

But after looking at it, it almost looks like a lite bar would fit also. Not 100% sure, but pretty darn close.

both have functions:
-lite bar -looks good, much better then a rollbar
-roll bar -works as a roll bar, doesn't look as sleek as lite bar

I was thinking about a lite bar instead of covering the rollbar. It is painted but haven't had good luck in finding a professional looking cover made for it. So a litebar would sit right in front of it and sort of take away the skinny look. The tubes are 1 3/4".

thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I dont think that it wouldl look good with both:confused:
I thought about the same thing. There was a mustang made that actually had the light bar that was a roll bar in one> a friend of mine has it in a mustang collectors book > I think it was the Shinoda mustang> it was used at the Daytona 500 for a pace car one time> not sure> but the roll bar was actually fabbed into the light bar> just made the light bar a little thicker.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dump the light bar idea, and move out of the womens shoe department. My mother of all people described light bars best . . ."they make em look like a womens shoe!" Women who don't know cars can make some of the most profound statements about them, because a lot of what we do to our cars (or like about our cars for that matter) reflects our personal tastes.

They are a waste, why would you want some thing like that that isn't functional? OOOH a 4th brake light, whats next amber lights along the running boards?

Weld in the four point, they look tough, if you haven't gotten any looks yet, you will! If you don't like the body color idea (I DO) go to an uphulstery (I know its spelled wrong) and have them make you a padded cover that matches the interior.

My $0.02,
Gabe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts