Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

from the griggs website would like to see some more pics of that .

after a small accident with my 86 coupe that resulted in the shock tower being moved a quarter of an inch or so and in need of a new core support I parted it out so I am looking for a new fox to put all my stuff on and I wouldn't mind building one of these.

·
Registered
880 Posts

from the griggs website would like to see some more pics of that .

after a small accident with my 86 coupe that resulted in the shock tower being moved a quarter of an inch or so and in need of a new core support I parted it out so I am looking for a new fox to put all my stuff on and I wouldn't mind building one of these.
i was going to say there was one on the griggs site, but see you've found it already. guys over on the coolcats forum were looking for info on this car awhile back.

·
Registered
880 Posts
this guy hasnt reported much as of late on the car. believe he goes by thehawk or something like that here and over on the coolcats forum. he does have a cardomain page. did a good job on the build.

and as for the black t-bird he's saleing that car as of last month. all his info is on the scca site.

how come you just dont build the mark in your sig. good cars, just need alil motivation. but dont ask me how i know.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha my lsc is to clean for me to do that to it. I got it for 400 with a blown trans and swapped a t-5 into it I will deff do some stuff to the motor but i love the way it rides and drives with the air suspension good cruiser.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Man, that blue T-Bird is straight bad ass!!
X2!!! I love the old Turbo Coupes! I was debating buying a REALLY cheap 88 T/C with a bad engine. I was going to swap in a 4.0L V-6 from a 05 Mustang and put on a set of twin turbo's. However, as dreaming goes, it all proved to be to much to do along side my current mustang project.

·
Registered
916 Posts
wow that thing is bad ass any more details on it?
I haven't seen it recently, but from what I remember it was a blown 3.8, I want to say with a Vortech but I can't remember.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
are the suspension systems for foxes and t-birds/lincoln lsc cars the same? i have my project convertible with MM suspension and a spare t-5 tranny... this could be a cool daily driver if i could swap over all the suspension parts...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
are the suspension systems for foxes and t-birds/lincoln lsc cars the same? i have my project convertible with MM suspension and a spare t-5 tranny... this could be a cool daily driver if i could swap over all the suspension parts...
Most of the stuff will swap over, but the T-bird and Lincoln have different rear axle lengths and rear brake setups. I THINK the Fox-based Lincoln/Tbirds also have longer rear LCAs. I seem to remember Griggs having separate part numbers for Tbird LCAs. A call to MM and/or Griggs would clear that up.

The Tbirds have longer A-arms compared to Fox Mustangs, too, but I don't know of they're SN95-length or not. I suspect they aren't.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts