Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been ripping a 9 x 6 inch patch of rubber off the starting line lately. Starter keeps giving me shiat but I dont know how to fix it. 60fts are in the low to mid 1.70's. Any advice?

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
They need to prep the track better. Definitely needs to be dragged if the rubber is being pulled up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
wait! if that track needs to be prepped then why in the hell is he f'n with you.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Stupidity would be my guess. Either that or an attempt to shift the blame to avoid spending money on the track.

·
Registered
608 Posts
is it the guy in the picture next to the fat dude? old sour puss face i can tell by looking at him he's ready to throw you off the track.

·
Registered
303 Posts
is it the guy in the picture next to the fat dude? old sour puss face i can tell by looking at him he's ready to throw you off the track.

Yea he is probably some ignorant Chevy guy that hates fords because he had a 20 year old Granada with 150k that was "pos" in his words, so now there all junk. 10-15 years ago us 5.0 guys got nothing but shiat at that track now they wish for us back, rather then the hommie with his 8’ tall winged 16 second 4 door Honda that sounds like my a-s the day after Mexican. :rofl::rofl:

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Tell them to grab a torch and a scraper and get busy...

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LoL thanks for teh chuckle guys. There were over 300 cars there that day (Joe Dasilva's Canadian Street Car Nationals), most leaving a whole lot harder. He said we were one of 3 cars that were hurting the track and need to do something....

I'm at NHRA U.S. Nationals right now. Talked to a few pure stock racers and they seemed to think that stick cars just hit the tires real hard. One suggested running 0.030 shims under the clutch diaphram to soften the launch.

Another suggested changing the angle of the lower control arms (I am running the Megabite Jr.s on the upper hole). I noticed some of the pure stock guys run lots of drop on the bar and hit the tires very hard while others run a factory bar (Evan Smith included).

What do you guys think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts