Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone a best of 1.40 with consistant 1.41-1.42s on old 28x12.5 ET Streets with this suspension (different motor combo though). Now that I have a combination that will work the suspension a little more, I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

I'm using a UPR (I know, I know) Pro series rear end setup with solid bushings/heims and an ARB. I'm using stock rear springs with Lakewood 50/50s. I have Eibach drag springs up front with 90/10s. I have cut approx 1 coil out of them to get a decent ride height.

I'd like to try and make this work, at least for this season and I'll replace it with better stuff over the winter.

Here are some measurements I took last night at race weight WITHOUT driver (I had to do the measuring) but at full race weight.

Driver side rear lower: 10 1/4
Driver side front lower: 10 1/4
Passenger side rear lower: 10 1/2
Passenger side front lower: 9 3/4

Driver side rear upper: 17 5/8
Driver side front upper: 17 3/4
Passenger side rear upper: 17 1/2
Passenger side front upper: 17 1/2

Driveshaft: -0.5*
Rear end housing: -2*
Crankshaft: 5*

Does anyone see anything wrong with any of this? I am far from a suspension guru and would appreciate anyone's input.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Since you're running ET Streets make sure you have good frontend extension to get good weight transfer. The 90/10's should give you the extension you want plus you can always tie it down later if needed.

ks

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Looks pretty good overall and I would try it as is but there are some things that could be improved on but this would be for future info.

Rear suspension (shocks) look real soft the rear squats a bit on the initial hit and adjustable shocks could help tune that.
The front has plenty of extension but does have some bounce so some adjustable struts could be used. There is real good strut extension and it's possible that you could try tying it down about 1" and see how it does.
I would look at rear shocks first this could help keep the nose under control, too.

Overall I think it looks pretty good and I would make small changes to see how the new combo runs!

KS

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I located a source of the issue.

My cheap china import tire pressure gauge: 9psi
Borrowed gauge: 15psi

$#@!)!*$#[email protected])*$#[email protected])*@!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dropped it down to 10.25 pre burnout on the borrowed gauge and the car is back to it's old self again. Unreal. Thanks Kevin!

·
Registered
711 Posts
what did it run?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was hitting it with a 250 in that video. Blew out the gasket, part of the head and a small divot in the block. It's all back together now with better parts and less stupidity in the tuning department :) That was in 2005 with my old 408.

I haven't made a clean pass yet with the new one. I ran into some ignition and tire rub issues on the big end. Hopefully I'll have them sorted out before my next trip on Saturday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts