Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys have your rev limiters at with a stock bottom end? I have AFR 165 heads and a tfs1 cam with roller rockers but I want to make sure I get it right in the tune before I send the chip off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I was thinking about making mine at 5800. I am not sure I would have any rpm to work with otherwise. I am only planning on running 6lbs because I am on stock bottom end with AFR heads.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You'll prolong your stock blocks life by keeping it under 6000 rpms

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have mine set at 6000 RPM. Thinking of moving up to 6200 RPM.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mine will never pop because I have Murphy's Law on my side. I have a fully assembled ready to go extra short block sitting on a stand in my garage. Mine will run until I'm dumb enough to part with my backup. :rofl:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was at 6000 at the end of the 1320, blew a headgasket. I thought i heard detonation. so now i got set low to save the motor lol.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
MYSTICSVT, how much total timing you running?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine will never pop because I have Murphy's Law on my side. I have a fully assembled ready to go extra short block sitting on a stand in my garage. Mine will run until I'm dumb enough to part with my backup. :rofl:

I see those kind of things dont just happen to me!!!!!!! LOL...

·
Registered
279 Posts
6200 on light 6300 on limiter Timing at 20 deg Explorer short TF 170's 13 PSI
no dyno.........but it hauls ass 100 passes so far

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I set the rev limiters around 6200 to 6300 rpm, so the engine can cleanly run to 6000 rpm and shift at 6000 rpm without hitting the rev limiter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts