Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up last year trying to get my rev limiter reset to 7500 RPM. At that time, all that was possible, at least with an Autologic chip, was to
leave it at the stock setting or to defeat the rev limiter entirely.

Has anyone had any luck recently getting an Autologic chip rev limiter
reset to 7500 RPM? Have you actually run the engine up to 7500 rpm and seen that it works? I have a ZMR2 processor in a 99 Cobra.

Joe Lynch

·
Banned
396 Posts
Joe just give me a call I can do it or it is free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Joe,
I was testing a Diablo chip on my ZMR2 and it made only 1 more Horse on the Dyno. After I got done testing. I found out when Ford reflashed my processor the new program was no longer ZMR2. It changed to LXT0 this is off the top of my head so the LXT0 might be wrong. If you want I can find the exact program. You might have a different program too if you have had it reflashed. Just a thought. Peace out

·
Registered
924 Posts
Joe,

Great Times!

I also have an Autologic custome burned by JMS and in the expecifications mentioned "RPM Limiter up to 7500 RPMS" well, it's still the same as stock.

What can be wrong? I have the ZMR2 proccesor, do I now have a diferent code when relflashed for the FIX?

How can we find out?

NAZMAN

·
Registered
924 Posts
Joe,

Great Times!

I also have an Autologic custome burned by JMS and in the expecifications mentioned "RPM Limiter up to 7500 RPMS" well, it's still the same as stock.

What can be wrong? I have the ZMR2 proccesor, do I now have a diferent code when relflashed for the FIX?

How can we find out?

Stang32v

·
Banned
396 Posts
Just give me a chance if I cannot fix it there is no charge Joe is calling me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Early on, the problem was not a JMS problem, it was an Autologic problem. I think Autologic has it solved, based on what Coop told me over at BON, so maybe we just need to send the chip back to JMS and let them make the latest changes. I've had my chip for two years, and Chris tried to get the rev limiter reset but couldn't ever do it. But that was early last year. I think Autologic must have gotten it solved by now.

Nooner--with a stock mass air and stock engine you won't see much of a gain other than improved response during shifts. With an aftermarket meter, the improvement with a chip is dependent upon how far off your meter is and how close the burner can get it.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
813 Posts
Joe,

The ZMR2 (ZMR3 for post fix cars) processor can be flaky when it comes to rev limiters. I had mine on the dyno tweaking the EEC and on some runs, the rev limiter change would take effect and others, it would not on back to back runs. There was no rhyme or reason to the EEC's decision to accept the change or not.

Currently, I've not had a problem and mine is set (and functions) to 8000 rpm. <insert evil grin here>

John

·
Registered
27 Posts
not all ZMR2 processors got reflashed with ZMR3. Like I said earlier in this post. We took my computer out and looked that the program using Diablos reader. That is when we found out I had mine reflashed with LXT0. So I think all you guys will need to look into that. It only takes a few minutes to scan your computer. You just need the right reader and hardware. Good Luck I had George at RPM Outlet scan mine for me. Peace Out

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if this was the problem I had with my car running rich all the time with the 42lbs injectors and lightning maf????? My computer code was ZMR2 and I did get the fix, not sure about the reflash but it should have been done. When stock I picked up 20rwhp after the fix. With the blower on Dallas Mustang could not get the car to lean out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts