Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another common approach:

People have eliminated the PCV and line and capped off the opening.
They use a Turbo or S/C Thunderbird PCV so it only flows one way with a oil separator and relocate the valve cover fill hose so it goes to the powerpipe instead of the charged pipe.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Start watching at about 18 minutes. This isn’t how I’ve been running my PVC for a while now.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start watching at about 18 minutes. This isn’t how I’ve been running my PVC for a while now.

I watched that and he doesn't discuss the hose from oil filler to TB. He also has the pcv in the valve cover and what sounds like a vacuum hose from the firewall tree to the pcv?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is all you need

install and enjoy the car

That's pretty neat. Does any crap get sucked through the turbos assuming that the catch can isn't 100% efficient? I have no air box so would that fitting go into my intake tube? Before or after the MAF?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed Chris at Pro M. Here's what he suggest:
"The hose from the throttle body to the oil fill is removed. The nipples capped off. Vented oil cap."
He's retaining the pcv.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heres how I do it, ditch the PCV and run the largest hose you can to a vented catch can, you cant get too much venting off the motor. then get a UPR check valve off EBAY $14.99. you need about 1/8 " restriction in the catch can where a hose coming from intake has the check valve installed.
now all vapors go to can and at idle it sucks the fumes in to the engine

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres how I do it, ditch the PCV and run the largest hose you can to a vented catch can, you cant get too much venting off the motor. then get a UPR check valve off EBAY $14.99. you need about 1/8 " restriction in the catch can where a hose coming from intake has the check valve installed.
now all vapors go to can and at idle it sucks the fumes in to the engine
Could you elaborate on the vent setup? Large hose from where? Is the check valve the 1/8" restriction?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I run a McNally 3-Port and it works good but they really went up a lot in price since I got mine. You also really need to vent the Valve Covers to relieve the blowby pressure. Most people run a -12 on each VC to another Catch Can. Once I vented my VC's it totally changed the way the car ran for the better.

Here's a pic of all the water I drained from both Cans. The pic doesn't do it justice because the black oil at the top is really like a rotten pea soup, so the whole dump is mostly water that would be in your engine..

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I run a McNally 3-Port and it works good but they really went up a lot in price since I got mine. You also really need to vent the Valve Covers to relieve the blowby pressure. Most people run a -12 on each VC to another Catch Can. Once I vented my VC's it totally changed the way the car ran for the better.

Here's a pic of all the water I drained from both Cans. The pic doesn't do it justice because the black oil at the top is really like a rotten pea soup, so the whole dump is mostly water that would be in your engine..

View attachment 1055982
Are you sure that isn't Guinness beer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts