Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wiring Question

Hey all,

Cleaning up some wiring and replacing salt n pepper shakers with a 12 way connector. My question, Is this connector the right one to use?

Deutsch DT connector
• Accepts contact size 16 (13 amps)
• 20-14GA

Anyone have an idea of gauge wire the salt n pepper shakers use?

Is the amperage correct on this plug correct for the application?
Excuse me Im a bit of a wiring newbie

I realize I may need another 2 way connector for the centre wire in the salt n pepper connector. I believe its 12GA

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Why not just delete them all together? Solder the respective wires together and do away with them.

Why you guys changing out the stock barrel connector?
They are known to cause problems and Ford even had a recall that added a second pair into the mix in an effort to address the problem. Because if a part causes a problem, adding two more of the same part is surly the path to repair success.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If I fermember right, my harness had the adapter harness that ends up making it two sets of big, clunky connectors that the only way they look remotely sanitary at all is on the factory bracket that clips to the stock manifold. And with these if I pull the motor or even just the intake it's just two connectors to undo and then I'm not dealing with the harness in the way.

·
Registered
844 Posts
ANd there are two of them. And I installed them opposite of each other so they can't get plugged in wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for clarifying guys!
now I just have to order the plugs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is what I used. Two of them, I don't recall the center wires being bigger, or that they were a problem.

thanks for posting the picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts