Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the stock clutch quadrant and I'm unable to remove the pedal assembly because the steering column is in the way. Has anybody removed the pedal assembly without dropping the steering column?

·
Registered
698 Posts
ive never removed the pedal box to remove the quadrant. i always do it in the car. If you need to remove the pedal box, I think you have to drop the steering column. Its been a while since I removed a pedal box

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
All you have to do in a SN95 car is remove the bolt that connects to the steering knuckle. Then push the steering rod as far down as it will go. You will then have room to remove the pedal assembly.

I would not drop the pedals to install the quadrant though, too much trouble. You can install it while it is still in the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for advice. I should explain that I am replacing the stock plastic quadrant. I am unable to get enough leverage on the springs while reaching up underneath the dash.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you have the drivers seat out you can get to them laying on your back. All you need to do is remove the pins that hold the stock two piece quadrant on. You can then slip both plastic pieces off of their shafts. No need to fight the springs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 270lbs and can do it laying upside down with the seat in. Seat all the way back and laid down, take your shoes off, throw your legs in the passenger seat and roll upside down. Easy peasy. I have also done it from passenger seat laying across the center console. My favorite way is paying a skinny kid a couple bucks to swap it, though :)

Something is amiss if you can't get it in the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m doing the same on my mustang. I got the plastic quadrant out and the new metal one doesn’t seem to slide in. Is it possible that one of the rods that the quadrant slides into is bent??

·
Registered
987 Posts
I’m doing the same on my mustang. I got the plastic quadrant out and the new metal one doesn’t seem to slide in. Is it possible that one of the rods that the quadrant slides into is bent??
Which brand quadrant are you using? Did you get it in? I’m needing a new quadrant and cable for my ‘95 as well. I think I saw a review for a quadrant (can’t remember the brand) where they had to enlarge one of the holes on the quadrant so the post would go through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts