Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever remove the the passenger wiper and keep the drivers side operational (for rule reasons)? I would like to add the smooth cowling and keep the driverside operational.

If so, how did you fabricate the linkage?

·
Registered
994 Posts
That would be very "mini truck 80's I think. Some careful bending of the factory linkage might work. Not really worth it IMO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch... mini truck 80's? This is what I am talking about...
http://www.eharwood.com/catalog/product.php?productID=281

I want as much air going through my cowl hood as possible. With the louvered stock cowl panel, not only will airflow be interrupted, more air will end up in the valley underneath resulting in turbulence. Seems worth it to me. This is a carb car not EFI.

I need 1 working wiper to pass tech in the class.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah, I understand the theory behind it. I just remember riding in my buddy's flamingo pink Mazda B2000, scraping the reflectors on the road, while my ears were being pounded by 6-15's in the Snug Top being funnelled in through the back window, in the rain, with only that one wiper, on HIS side. Made me kind of scared to get caught in the rain with him. Anyway thanks for bringing back some cool memories. If every thosandth is that importanrt to you, by all means do it. I would recommend building an air pan to catch all that air and feed it to the carb (like Nascar). I made my own. Don't know how much it helps though, never tested back to back. I'll try and get a pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts