Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ended up moving my canister to the rear since it liked to pee alot of . it was a safety concern, so no more worries of the can pissing on the track and my front tires dragging water down the track

can barely tell..

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but wont be much now compared to before. car wont nearly as hot as it was with the blower so should be fine

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
lol now the guy behind u will get it
X2
Fix the problem that is causing the overflow to drop liquid on the track as a track official should still stop you from running when he sees its leaking as your putting other drag racers in danger of slipping and hitting a wall . Put it back up front as that look dumb in the rear anyway .

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i should clarify. it hasnt happened on the track. it has happened on the dyno after being on the dyno for a few hours and after driving around for a long time, once i park it, it will leak a small amount. you have to open the petcock for it to drain. i dont anticipate much more than a drop here and there which combined at normal driving will just dissipate.

if it becomes a hazard or unsafe i will move it but i doubt it

·
Registered
491 Posts
....fix the problem, move the catch can back up where it belongs, and don't ever tell anyone you did that.....

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Go to a heads up race most cars have them rear mounted along with the vac pump catch can.

Of course everyone knows those guys are idiots.

the corral at its finest here.
Tim

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go to a heads up race most cars have them rear mounted along with the vac pump catch can.

Of course everyone knows those guys are idiots.

the corral at its finest here.
Tim
thank you

no gonna mention names by a few of them gave me the idea

but on here everyone knows it all

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
thank you

no gonna mention names by a few of them gave me the idea

but on here everyone knows it all
I was going to say the same thing. I've seen a ton of cars do this. It makes a lot of sense considering if you blow a head gasket it will dump the fluid behind the car instead of at your tires.

I left my catch can up front, but the overflow line runs to the back of the car and dumps behind the bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts