Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for your everyday 3000-4000 hp motor whats everyones take on ford based motors?

i am die hard ford... even though one of my race cars is a chevy... and it seems to be that in the aftermarket world certain things are just better and last longer. i've pretty much reached the point with the chevy program that i need to update to a different style block for longivity. the bae hemi market looks to be the best alternative.

now i havent tried to push the envelope in a ford yet.. and really dont know if its worth it. so what ford options are out there for big hp?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everyday?
lol i get what your saying.. but literally everytime i see a BAE hemi out there it's 3000+ hp and i'm at the point now with my blower car i need to go hemi.... i have a pretty nice little ford i'd like to keep ford powered and be fast.. but just wondering how much i could actually do Windsor powered... just a guess but after 2000 hp i'd be pushing the envelope of available parts out there.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
If you have the money to build an engine that makes that much power, you should have the smarts to talk to a builder that can tell you what block is needed to make and survive that kind of power.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have the money to build an engine that makes that much power, you should have the smarts to talk to a builder that can tell you what block is needed to make and survive that kind of power.
i am the builder... i have used butler in the past with great success and still get 90% of my machine work done there...... i've just reached my limit of what i can do with conventional stuff i think. i do this stuff myself mostly with no sponsors... and my day job takes care of my family and i sling wrenches on the side to afford this hobby. now i'm at the crossroads because if i learn to harness all the horsepower i'm making now, i'll have to eventually step up my program to get competitive.. no way in the world i can run with some of these outlaws. for now i'm always the underdog and underfunded... but we make some good power! right now i'm playing with a wheel speed control device to help with applying it to the street..

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
for your everyday 3000-4000 hp motor whats everyones take on ford based motors?

i am die hard ford... even though one of my race cars is a chevy... and it seems to be that in the aftermarket world certain things are just better and last longer. i've pretty much reached the point with the chevy program that i need to update to a different style block for longivity. the bae hemi market looks to be the best alternative.

now i havent tried to push the envelope in a ford yet.. and really dont know if its worth it. so what ford options are out there for big hp?
your not going to beat the cost of a brad 10X for strength/part availability/and reliability

my engine builder builds some of the fastest hemi's in the country and hes told me a few times how cheap they are to build compared to the SBF we run in the X car

·
Registered
426 Posts
I saw an engine power / power nation episode the other day where they went down to Jon Kaase’s shop. They were assembling 3-4000 hp bbf’s.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw an engine power / power nation episode the other day where they went down to Jon Kaase’s shop. They were assembling 3-4000 hp bbf’s.
but is this about the limit? same with the BBC stuff.. looks like everyone runs into a brick wall here except the BRAD stuff and well other simmilar designs. just cannot keep a crank in the block long.

i was thinking of running 30-50% nitro in an engine in the future also. it will be a blown 14-71 hh combo.

·
Registered
426 Posts
but is this about the limit? same with the BBC stuff.. looks like everyone runs into a brick wall here except the BRAD stuff and well other simmilar designs. just cannot keep a crank in the block long.

i was thinking of running 30-50% nitro in an engine in the future also. it will be a blown 14-71 hh combo.
Maybe call down to Jon Kasse. I only replied b/c I had just watched that episode and remembered them saying 3-4000 hp fords. Way too rich for my blood at the moment. If you need to know where to buy the cheapest diapers or formula... I can help you with that! Good luck. Post pics/videos if you build that.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Sounds like someone just stirring the pot.... You obviously know the answers are not here. Besides when you go to that level you can call them whatever you want. They are far from OE of any manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
One could always buy one of those "Ford" Boss 500 engines that John Force used in Funny Car. I hear that they make north of 10,000 HP. Just a thought. :wink2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One could always buy one of those "Ford" Boss 500 engines that John Force used in Funny Car. I hear that they make north of 10,000 HP. Just a thought. :wink2:
well i sure cant use 10k hp but i wonder how common those blocks are and if its hard to get ahold of.. parts availability...etc.. i'll have to do some googling.. i'm also curious about the 481x stuff but dont know of anyone personally that has one i can look at and talk to.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like someone just stirring the pot.... You obviously know the answers are not here. Besides when you go to that level you can call them whatever you want. They are far from OE of any manufacturer.
not trying to stir a pot per say.. just shooting off ideas and questions i have. and why wouldnt the answers be here... there are a LOT of fast guys registered here.. lots of machinist .. lots of smart folks...

yes we are far far away from OE type stuff when we start talking about this stuff...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts