Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup fellas! For my first post, I must ask: What are regrinded cams? I am still new to the mustang world, but i am planning on P&P the Heads, as well as getting the Bullitt Intake installed and ported. One of my friends has told me to also regrind the cams. But, I have no idea what the hell he is talking about. So, could someone explain to me what regrind cams are and how i could get that done?
Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can buy new cams from SHM for $800. These are new not regrinds. A regind is exactly what it says, a regrind, then you have to shim the lifters to match the new cam specs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought all of SHM's cams were regrinds. The only 'new' cams even mentioned are the ProParts ones for ~$400 apiece and they aren't out yet as far as I know.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Steve 99 Cobra said:
I thought all of SHM's cams were regrinds. The only 'new' cams even mentioned are the ProParts ones for ~$400 apiece and they aren't out yet as far as I know.
I believe the cams they sell for the GT are new billit cams for $800, vs. $960 for the reground cobra cams. If they are regrinds the price for twice as many would be a little lopsided.

·
Registered
253 Posts
basically a regrind is just that, they take your stock cam and regrind it to a more aggressive grind. HP sells them for $475, crane sells them for $300ish, and shm has billet ones for $800.
Leon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts