Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built up a 331 with equal length BBK shortys, BBK offroad xpipe and a magna flow exhaust system. The car is registered as an antique so I don't needs cats however I have lots of boominess around 2k and am trying to figure out what I should do in terms of adding cats or a quieter muffler system. Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just built up a 331 with equal length BBK shortys, BBK offroad xpipe and a magna flow exhaust system. The car is registered as an antique so I don't needs cats however I have lots of boominess around 2k and am trying to figure out what I should do in terms of adding cats or a quieter muffler system. Thanks
Are those chambered or straight through? chambered will be quieter, in my experience all aftermarket exhaust on a SBF drones. The best muffler i ever bought was a 76mm turbo. My exhaust went from nobody being able to hear me in the drive thru to it sounding stock... and those are straight through mufflers....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the magna flow cat back kit designed for the fox mustangs. I believe it is chambered. On another note, is running without cats risky as to excess carbon monoxide making its way into the car? Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
cats do not remove carbon monoxide.. they remove hydrocarbons aka unburnt fuel from your exhaust.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
As mentioned above. It's the drone that you hear. Search in the forums for Helmholtz and there is a long thread about how to make it.

ks

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I couldn’t stand mine being so loud I installed 2013 Mustang mufflers. Built in helmholtz chamber as I had zero room for extra pipes with my torque arm and panhard rod.

SOLVED! Gloriously fun to drive again.

333ci LTH, 3” into 2.5” X pipe.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I couldn’t stand mine being so loud I installed 2013 Mustang mufflers. Built in helmholtz chamber as I had zero room for extra pipes with my torque arm and panhard rod.

SOLVED! Gloriously fun to drive again.

333ci LTH, 3” into 2.5” X pipe.

Any videos of how the exhaust sounds,

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
No but once I have her back on the road I can take one. Interior is out and parts strewn around the garage for the next few weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts