Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to turn over 100k and I want to get this done now that I have some free time. Can someone tell me what are the recommended oil kinds to get for each one?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nothing beats AMSOIL, in my opinion, especially for those 2 items.

Get some friction modifier from a Ford dealer for the differential. It is STINKY stuff in a little plastic bottle -- blue color. (pee-yuuu).

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
while i agree with you about amsoil products, i wouldn't suggest synthetic oil for an engine over 100k miles. petroleum based oils leave some residue in the engine's seals over time. with the additives in synthetic oils, that buildup is cleaned out, which could result in greater oil consumption. whether it is leaked, or more likely burned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spikes95GT said:
How/where do I change my tranny fluid. I've been wanting to do this for a while, just havent had the time to research it.
Thanks
Andy
If you get under your car there will be two plugs, one to fill and one to drain. all you need is a 3/8 wrench. Then somehow a divice to pump the new oil back in there. I would recomend some kinda pump or maybe a turkey baster, thoug that might take some time:D .

cosmoracer, I was no planning on going synth, just good 'ol regular oil.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well,
I run Mercon V in my AODE.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think that the manual calls for Mercon III...Mercon V is a synthetic blend that I think is used in some buicks and olds...it is supposedly better for antifoaming and lubrication.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts