Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to do front brakes for my mustang and I figured this would be the best forum to find out what the best choice would be for me. I am not expecting the car to stop like a gt3, but I would like to have some reasonable stopping power. Big brakes are out of the question as I couldn't use the 10 holes then, and the same reason a five lug swap isn't feasable. The car won't be open tracked but the occasional spirited drive, and drag strip style stops will be in order. What are the best stock size rotor, and brake pad combo for the street. I don't mind about squeaking, dust, etc in the name of performance.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, looks like a lot of good information on that site. The five lug conversion just isn't for me though, I can't be with my ten holes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have Hawk pads on my race car and I love them. I have the HPS pads on there now. They are for street driving as well as track days. As far as rotors go with your current set up I would just get whatever stock replacement you can from your local parts store. Don't waste money on slotted or cross drilled rotors. The pads will make a big difference.
The 73mm calipers will be something else that will help out. But you may have to purchase another master cylinder with a bigger bore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts