Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First time to the site. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a stock 2002 automatic and I believe I have an exhaust leak.
Found a hole (BB size) in the muffler and am hearing "ticking" noises coming from the Y bar. A buddy found a replacement for me at Summit Racing, the Flowmaster II 5018.

What does everyone else think? THX

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd sell that six banger & buy a v8!

What the heck is a Y bar??

Can you post a pic of the problematic area?

·
Registered
145 Posts
that bb sized whole is most likely there to drain moisture out of the muffler that builds up. if the y pipe is leaking check to make sure that the bolts are tight up to the manifolds. the kit from summit would change the sound, and might give u sum better performance, but if the problem is in the y pipe ur just gonna have to get another one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I assume by Y bar he is referring to the single exhaust configuration.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
the flowmaster kit sounds good but if your y pipe leaks u need one of those too. best thing to do is go true duals using gt parts or buying a pypes kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unless he is selling it to buy a 4v there is no reason to sell it....

Anyway if you want better exhaust go with an H pipe or true *divorced* duals with flowmaster 40s....

·
Registered
674 Posts
actually true duals long tubes and pypes "violators" will catch a couple V-H8ters looking, for even better sound changing your cam will have as much effect as the choice of muffllers

·
Registered
118 Posts
i just fixed an exhaust leak on my car. it was the pipe between the manifold and cat. converter on my passenger side. the AC leaks on that pipe on my car. if you hear a smoldering sound coming from your car after you drive a while, that could def. be where the leak is.

as far as aftermarket exhaust, i have an 04 V6 and i have the catback dual exhaust with flowmasters and turndowns. it may not turn heads, but it has a good, clean sound and has a decent rumble for a stock V6 engine. no mid pipe, for sure. keep it dual and i don't think you'd have a problem with it sounding ricey.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
my v6 sounded great, i just gutted the front 2 converters an ran a single flowmaster and dumped out under the car. people always asked 5.0 or 4.6? best sounding v6 i ever have heard, i was very pleased with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts