Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put some lightweight Recaro seats in an SN95. Of particular note is the fact that I don't want the newer Recaros with the factory airbags in the seats, the weight on those is outrageous. So I need to buy the aftermarket seats and come up with some brackets. I am looking at the Profi or Profi XL. Has anyone done this and do you have any tips for bracketry?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are actually about two miles from my house in Plano but I have never been there. I am new to doing anything but going straight in a Mustang. Thanks for the link, I'd bet one set of those brackets would work. I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
No problem. Terry was my auto-x'ing/hooning mentor when I was at A&M, just wish I had followed his lead and gotten into engineering. JasonM on this forum works there and often chimes in on topics in this thread.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. Terry was my auto-x'ing/hooning mentor when I was at A&M, just wish I had followed his lead and gotten into engineering. JasonM on this forum works there and often chimes in on topics in this thread.
Good deal, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's how I have my semi-custom (narrowed) Profi SPG installed in my CMC, using an OMP mount/slider into what I believe were the existing holes. If I were to set it up myself from the start, I would have tied the seat mount into the cage -

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have Recaro pole position in my SN95 with Recaro brackets which suck I've replace them but am still looking for a stronger bracket that will withstand lateral loads. Other than that they are lightweight, fixed, and somewhat comfy unless you carry a fat wallet.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here's how I have my semi-custom (narrowed) Profi SPG installed in my CMC, using an OMP mount/slider into what I believe were the existing holes. If I were to set it up myself from the start, I would have tied the seat mount into the cage -

Those brackets look to be about .25" material, steel? aluminium?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts